Friday, 6 April 2012

Long Weekender

So happy I have a four day weekend! I started it off by continuing my Mexican food obsession on Thursday evening. The bf and I went to Playa Cabana which is my fave place for Mexican in Toronto. Playa Cabana has been around for 10 months now and is getting a lot of attention because the food is sooo good! Since you need to reserve about two weeks in advance to get a table we usually sit at the bar. Go check it out if you live in T.O.
mmmm fish tacos!
Today has been a nice, sunny day. I started it off with a long walk and brunch. I enjoyed today because I was able to get some boring tasks done (e.g., my taxes) and fit in some time for relaxation. I want to forget the chores part and focus on the relaxation part which included reading, catching up on episodes of New Girl and painting my nails.
You've probably guessed that I love the colour lilac. Since it's Easter this weekend and pastel colours are everywhere I had the urge to paint my nails with this fun, calming colour. I used Essie's lilacism and added some sparkle for a special touch. What do you think?

I have also been enjoying using this beverage dispenser which I have been filling with cucumber flavoured water. I can't wait to use it for lemonade :)
Another update is that we finally got up our chandelier a few weeks ago and are both loving it. Lighting can make such a big difference in any space.
I hope today has been a relaxing day for you and that you had some time for self-care.
Happy long weekend!

8 comments:

Maria @ Orchard Bloom said...

Damn you. You did your taxes? I still need to do mine. oh gad!

Bola said...

Loll Maria! I did. YOU CAN DO IT!! Get it over with :)

Shybiker said...

Enjoy the time off.

Freya Lily said...

I love that water dispenser! And hi :) new follower here!

Bola said...

Hey Freya! I am enjoying your blog. I hope you enjoy following :)

Shauna said...

That chandelier is just gorge!
Mexican food is my favorite too!
Never would i be able to live without it!!

Bola said...

Thanks Shauna! It was hard to choose between all the different styles of chandeliers but we are happy with our choice.

Jessica Jane said...

I saw one of your comments on my friend Freya's page and thought I;d check you out! I can't wait for the weekend post you were talking about!