Friday 27 April 2012

Half-Moon Nails

This evening I was supposed to head up north for an impromptu ladies weekend at Blue Mountain. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans because the electrical box in the cottage we rented blew out! What are the chances?? I have been a bit bummed but am now optimistic the weekend can be salvaged with a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake and some horseback riding. Either way, I had planned to leave you with another post before I left so here's a little something I tried out this past Thursday night...

I tried the half-moon style of painting nails. I decided to go with black and gold because I like the contrast. I have never done anything this fancy with my nails on my own before so I did not know how it would turn out.
I followed this guide from The Beauty Department
Below is a pic of how my nails turned out. I am happy with the result and am excited to do this again. Next time I think I will do it with coral and gold. My only tip is to not press the reinforcers on too hard so that they don't peel off the nail polish when you take them off. Also, take them off when the black coat is still wet. I did a base coat, two gold, one black and a top coat. 
I don't want to toot my own horn but I think it looks pretty good for my first try. Here's to fun nails all weekend (and hopefully into early next week)!! What do you think?

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Freya Lily said...

Man I really need to stop biting my nails...I want pretty hands!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of half moon nails! Not sure I'm skilled enough to do it yet though :)


KatiesBliss.com

Unknown said...

Super glam nails!

A Life Un-Styled said...

Yours have come out so nicely, I'm incapable of doing my own nails :( I might have to try your tips!

Bola said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone!! I say give this a try it's pretty easy to do with the reinforcers.

I have noticed a lot of new people commenting on my blog. I hope you are enjoying it! I will make sure to check out yours :)

B