Saturday 20 October 2012

Saturday Brunch Obsession: Beast

Today, the fiance and I ran some errands which included doing some shoe shopping for him, shopping in Kensington for our Halloween costumes and prepping for our upcoming engagement shoot. We (I) woke up late and since we had access to his parent's car we decided to drive over to Queen West to have brunch at Beast.  

I think I've written about Beast before on the blog (most likely about their awesome fried pickles). They also do a happy hour but are really known for doing a good brunch, so naturally we've been curious about their brunch and decided that today would be the day we go. 

The first thing I noticed is that they have really and I mean REALLY good coffee that comes straight to your table in French press and all. You even get a timer to make sure the coffee has finished brewing. I chose one of the Ethiopian medium-dark roasts and every sip was YUM!


I've heard a lot about their maple-bacon donuts so of course we had to try one. I once baked peanut butter bacon cookies and really wasn't a huge fan of the combination. I also don't think that the maple-bacon combo is for me. If you're really into bacon they're worth trying...  


The fiance had the beastwich which is basically a buttermilk biscuit sandwich with friend chicken, pimiento cheese, 2 friend eggs and pork sausage gravy in the middle. He said it was "okay."


I opted for the israeli breakfast which included chicken shawarma, hummus, eggplant, pickled zucchini and two fried eggs. It was good and I'd eat it again. 


Overall, we both enjoy Beast for their fried pickles and casual atmosphere. The brunch was good but honestly it wasn't amazing and I've definitely had better. Not sure I'll be going back for brunch :(  I prefer their tapas style dinner which I've gone back for a few times now. 

Click here for their menus. 


Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)

B~

No comments: