Wednesday 9 May 2012

Poppy seed cupcakes with lemon drizzle ... YUM!

 I made these poppy seed cupcakes with lemon drizzle for a bday celebration I attended a couple of weeks ago. I have never made poppy seed cupcakes before and was not sure if I would like them. I was beyond thrilled with the lemon and poppy seed combination and am anxious to try out variations of these cupcakes, such as orange and lemon drizzle, poppy seed and cranberry cupcakes with lemon drizzle and maybe even poppy seed and blueberry cupcakes with lime drizzle. Can't wait!

I got the recipe for these cupcakes from the book 500 Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly. My mom gave me this book as a gift two years ago and I love it! I have made several cupcakes using this book and they have all been yummy. With 500 cupcake recipes and sections such as low-fat cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, spiced cupcakes and even wholesome muffins it has everything you can image. For those of you who don't have this book, below is a picture of the recipe. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Isabel said...

these look yummy!